Veggie Sliders w/Special Sauce
1/2 red onion, finely diced
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, diced
salt and pepper
1 15oz can kidney beans or black beans or a mixture of both (well rinsed and drained)
1 clove garlic
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup raw walnuts, crushed or ground into a loose meal
1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup cooked quinoa (you can cook the quinoa in water or use vegetable broth)
1. Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil, slowly saute and season with salt and pepper.
2. When the onion are soft add the mushrooms and cook until the mushroom and onions are slightly browned.
3. Add the Worcestershire sauce and the chili powder. Mix in well.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl that already has the mashed beans in it.
5. Add the quinoa and walnuts, mix well and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to cool.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray or olive oil.
7. Once the mixture is chilled form into small patties and bake for 40 - 45 minutes turning at the 20 minute mark.
1 cup vegan mayo
2 tbsp Franks hot sauce
2 tsp brown mustard
1 tsp ketchup
1/3 tsp garlic powder
Mix all ingredients together. Spread on cooked veggie sliders