Vegan Cream of Potato Soup
3 carrots, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 large onion, diced
4 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
2 - 3 tbsp olive oil
6 - 8 cups yukon gold potatoes, diced
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 15 oz can of small white beans
2 32 oz containers vegetable broth
1 heaping tsp of dried dill
1 1/2 tsp celery salt
1 tsp ground nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chopped kale, more or less to your liking
1. Saute the onion and garlic in the oil for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the carrot and celery and saute 3 - 4 more minutes.
3. Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, dill, celery salt, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Using an immersion blender, puree about 1/4 to 1/3 of the soup to create a thick creamy base.
6. Add the corn, kale and white beans, and simmer until heated through.