Garlic Mashed Potatoes
A tasty vegan mashed potato recipe.
6 -8 medium yukon gold potatoes
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
5 - 6 cloves garlic
4 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup fresh chives
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp of salt, cover and cook for 25 - 30 minutes or until very tender. They should effortlessly slide off a knife when pierced with a knife.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, chop up your chives and cook the garlic in the olive oil for about 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Once tender, drain your potatoes and place them back in the pot off the heat for 1 minute to evaporate any additional water.
4. Mash potatoes (I used a potato masher) until fluffy. If you use a mixer be careful not to over mix them as they will get gummy.
5. Add the garlic mixture and the chives and mix to combine.
Mashing the potatoes, next add the garlic and oil and the chives. Serve
I added them to my vegan meatloaf. Yum!