Great recipe, easy to make. I add vegan gravy to it. Great Winter dish!
2 cans cooked lentils (hand mashed)
1/2 can pinto beans (hand mashed)
2 packets of gluten free oatmeal (grind up in food processor)
Gluten free panko breadcrumbs
1 large onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
3 cups mushrooms, chopped
Handful of chopped kale
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup cooked brown rice (I use frozen and just heat up)
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp mustard
2 Tbsp vegan worchestire sauce
2 Tbsp ground flax seed meal (mix w/2 Tbsp water) set aside
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning (mix oregano and thyme)
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1. In a large fry pan heat olive oil. Cook onion for two minutes then add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook 4 minutes then add all the other veggies, then add the seasonings.
2. Cook until very soft add the worchestire sauce and cook down.
3. Add the tomato paste and cook to incorporate.
4. Cook all the veggies until very done, add the cooked brown rice.
5. Smash this mixture, I used an imersion blender, you can also transfer to a food processor and pluse a couple of times.
6. In a large bowl smash up the lentils and beans. Add the ground up oats, flax seed, ketchup, mustard, mixture that was cooked and add panko breadcrumbs (enough to get the mixture solid).
7. Transfer mixture to a parchment paper lined loaf pan (should be enough to fill two load pans).
8. Cook until browned on top in a 350 degree oven.
(Picture to come shortly)